Monday, September 7, 2009

Cities

Took a couple of shots while on the plane cos I thought it would be fun to compare the two cities I loooove...

Here's CEBU for you:
And then... MANILA:
Oh dear gosh, ever heard of URBAN PLANNING? Tsk. But whatever. Manila's still Manila :)

I would hate for my blog to become a fashion/style blog- (I'm no fashion expert, I just like nice, comfy garbs!) pls. excuse all the outfit posts but I just fell in love with this shirt... Expect to see me again and again in this oversized piece of whatever...
top & bag- TS; skirt & boots- Zara

Oh dear. I think my typical Cebu outfits lately have all been denims + whites + blacks. And it has to be oversized, shapeless and sloppy. And I don't know why I always forget to bring flip flops! Me and packing on the last minute. Tsk.

My sister bought me a new case for my iPhone 3Gs! Thank you! ILY :)

Will blog about this new gadget soon!

Okay lemme just sidetrack for a bit...

Recently, I was told that I got featured in two blogs.
Happy that people appreciate my photos, blog posts and the music that my sister and I are working on but I just want to correct some points:
  • I'm not a professional photographer. I do freelance work simply because I want to learn and improve my craft. Plus I try to earn a little from it so I have a self-paying hobby. I've never had any formal training for photography or photoshop.
  • I'm a scholar under De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde and Philippine School of Interior Design, not NYFD :)
  • I don't go to New York that often! This Wednesday will only be my 3rd trip to NY.
But yeah, thanks for the feature, guys! I seriously appreciate it. :) I love getting feedback about my site and getting e-mails from people around the globe saying how they want to visit the Philippines after seeing my photos (since they only see the nasty side on the telly! Boo.). But come onnn, it's really fun here! Plus Filipinos are hella friendly!

Just found out there's such thing as a Cebu Bloggers Society! This food blog (Dining Cebu) is pretty cool, too. Check it outtttt.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

great aerial shot:)
its really too bad that we're a victim of ribbon type development, but its kinda cool in top view mode,nice and nasty:)artistically developed abstract cities:)
sadly,here also in Baguio impulsive developments are rampant...
But there's still hope,because people are starting to realize the significance of urban design and planning:)we become more environmentally sensitive these days...
Pearl of the Orient sea,yes!Filipinos are true gems:)
thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

i think you are much more privileged than you realize. so many people in the philippines never get to travel anywhere outside the country, let alone outside their own area. that you are so young and getting your third trip to NY *is* a lot! and that you can easily fly between parts of pilipinas is a great privilege that 99.9% of the people here do not get. it's nice to have advantages in life that others do not have; but it is a shame to take them for granted.

Raleene said...

anon 11:25: I know I'm VERY blessed that I can travel out of the country. It's just that the other blog mentioned that I go to new york OFTEN. Which to me might come off to some people as traveling back and forth like, every year! :)) I thank God each day for every little thing I get to experience! So yeah, just so you know, I NEVER take anything for granted. :) I don't like people who possess that attitude so i try my best not to be like that. :)

anon 11:17- Thank you! I still have my hopes up for better urban planning in this country, too!

Mary said...

Hi !
First of all you are stunning but i assume that people tell you the same thing all the time ! :)
This is not the point of my comment ! actually i'd like to know how and when did you start doing photography as a freelance work !
You photographs are amazingly stupendous and not just because of the model ! =D
By the way i added you as a flickr contact ( htpp://flickr.com/mary-a )
and please keep on doing such beautiful pictures !

Raleene said...

Mary- thank you, thank you! Hmm got my first client when I was in 4th year high school, but I have to admit my photos were CRAP. They were for some restaurant in Cebu. Started doing portraits when I was in 2nd year college. People just come across my Flickr or Multiply site and we discuss things online. :) They like the way I edit, I guess.

Anonymous said...

hi where'd your sister bought the iphone case? :)

Raleene said...

the Mac store at Ayala (new wing).

Mary said...

The first blog is just funny, and still a bit flattering I guess? Haha.

I've been to Cebu only once and I really like how it's urbanized and of course not as polluted and disorganized as Manila. You're lucky that you sorta live in both places. :

Eizel Nocon said...

Wow, Manila looks awful from up there haha :)

Raleene said...

Mary- I know, I feel veryyy blessed. I love both cities! When's the last time you've been to Cebu?

Eizel- at least you can't see the smog! hehe

ELC said...

Traveling is indeed a blessing that we must be grateful for. :)

On a side note, I love what you did with your hair. Great color choice!

Anonymous said...

You recently dyed your hair black, right? How'd you dye the brown over it? Did you still have it bleached? Just curious cause I dyed mine black too. And I'm planning on dying it brown soon!

Raleene said...

Edric- Yup! :) And yayy glad u liked it! I've never gone this light before.

Anon 12:33- Yeah, I sorta lightened it about a month ago. Dark brown, but it turned reddish-brown cos of the blue-black color I kept using for months. They had to color my hair twice and on the second time they blow-dried the die to make it seep in! Lol. Then I went back last Saturday and had it re-colored since I noticed my hair had 3 shades of brown! Took a while for the die to sink in again but thankfully they didn't have to do two applications. They just colored the bottom half first, then kept going up. No bleach! I'd die!

Anonymous said...

wooow. Manila is so congested. :P

Mary said...

Last year, during the summer. :) I try to tag along with my mom when she goes to diff. places here in the Philippines. When I get to tour, I feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to see how beautiful our country is! Sadly, most Filipinos don't appreciate that fact. :|

Anonymous said...

hi! i'd like to know your bestfriend izabelli's ethnicity/race. she doesnt look pure pinay.. she's so beautiful!!! and you too of course.

Raleene said...

Yumi- it issss @_@

Mary- I know! Love how you view the Philippines, though. :) I love this country. A lot of people just whine about it being so dirty, corrupt, polluted and over-populated. Gosh I know there's a lot we can work on but this place is beautiful as well!

Anon 2:57- Issa's also pure Filipino :)

Kodak Picturezzz said...

That's my Manila right over there. :)

Selby said...

So if a filipina is pretty, she can't be pure?

Raleene said...

Selby- Hahaha there are TONS of beautiful pure Filipinas!

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog dear. :)
I landed on one of your videos on youtube and Ive been posting them on facebook. haha. Then I saw this...
I adore your style Ms. Artsy Fartsy! ...i meant that as a compliment. ;)

Raleene said...

Hanes- lol thank you :)