Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Roaring Twenties


Obligatory girls' room mirror shot

13
And this was the last photo taken with my camera (I know, why did I even bother bringing it?)
We spotted Vania in the bathroom and we all got too excited that we forgot to take a better photo 

165989_3970440652340_1128279864_n

3051_3970436932247_102969707_n
7 copy
528942_3970463652915_172871475_n

552366_10151916014025123_1713264594_n
Happy birthday, Paolo!

IMG_5865 copy
Thank you to Mia for the headdress & Izabelli for the pearls. My fashion friendsies are the best!!!



Our friend Paolo chose a really fun theme for his 19th birthday this year, so when I found out that Mia was flying in from Cebu I was super excited to dress up for it! Initially I planned to wear another black dress for the night but I ended up repeating my trusty bandage LBD since it was simpler and I felt that the accessories and makeup were already over the top. The lovely people at Emphasis did my hair and I think it completed the whole 20's look. The only thing that cost me for this night's outfit were my shoes! I won't mention the brand since they left my feet aching so much by the end of the night. I may have to invest in some insoles or sell them at the next Bloggers United Bazaar. They're really pretty but I don't know why I can't seem to find a decent & comfortable pair of pumps around here. Might be because my feet are so weird-- I'm either a size 7.5, 8 or 8.5, so when choosing shoes I really need straps that go around my feet. So far all my purchases have been okay except for all the pumps.

I had so much fun catching up with Mia that day. We went around the Fort and Makati to look for last-minute beauty supplies (lash glue, false lashes, contacts, etc.). We were so loud and bubbly the entire day that we ended up feeling sleepy when we got to the party. Thankfully all our friends were there and the music was just too good so our sleepiness wore off.

Oh and since this post is in line with the 20's theme, can I just say that I am SO excited to watch the Great Gatsby-- the trailer looks amazing!!!



4 comments:

Life's a shoe said...

love it! great pictures and styling

Raleene said...

Thank you! :)

Kaye said...

pretty shots!

Anonymous said...

that is one fun party! love all your headpiece and necklace, raleene! too gorgeous!

toni Perfumed Red Shoes