Wednesday, November 29, 2017

112817


Art piece by Max Hooper Schneider entitled Section of Intertidal Landscape (Hair Metastasis). 
This was a super cool glass aquarium with natural and synthetic human hair (moving thanks to a wave machine) flowing beautifully on a modeled landform & painted steel stand 


My sister and I met with Christine (her high school batch mate) at the Chelsea Market and proceeded to do a mini photo walk on the High Line as I wanted to capture the colors of fall before it got too cold. I always meet up with friends on this side of Manhattan since I love the shops, visiting the Whitney and catching up while strolling along these converted train tracks- it's an interesting park with all the cool industrial elements expected of NYC, plus there are always new sculptures around. Sometimes Central Park is just too overwhelming and the rest of the parks are always too noisy and crowded, so seeing empty seats and uncrowded photo-worthy backdrops on the High Line is a better option. 

As I've said in the previous post, my new camera is really making me want to take photos again even if it is extremely heavy to lug around and makes me look like a total tourist. I have 3 years' worth of unpublished photos from my Sony A5100 and Lumix GM5 just because I was never happy with the quality, framing (small cameras made me lazy) and color quality. My A5100 was great but my lens and the crop was just so limiting. Being accustomed to a DSLR for studio/portrait work, a full-frame camera just forces me to really use a viewfinder to frame things well & encourages me to fix settings manually. I could go on, but in the end my camera doesn't matter and I would still tell people that the best camera to use is the one you have. It just feels great to shoot RAW again, getting crisp images that I can eventually apply a grain to on post, haha!!


No comments: