Friday, January 5, 2018

Vyne: Plant-Based Meals


I had a lovely surprise waiting outside my office a few weeks ago from Vyne - a week's worth of plant-based goodness! 

Maca and baobab coconut yogurt - this was an awesome alternative to my usual breakfast (vegan protein powder + powdered peanut butter + banana + unsweetened almond milk). I can't believe coconut yogurt tastes way better than regular yogurt! I had 2 of my non-vegan colleagues try it and they totally agree with me! 

Grilled Corn & Black Rice Bowl
grilled sweet corn, forbidden black rice, lava bean & pumpkin seed hummus
Calories: 510, Protein: 35g, Fat: 13g, Carbs: 78g 
(You can have this cold or microwaved)

Carrot Quinoa Chili 
chili-seasoned carrots, buckwheat, parsnip apple butter, purslane, carrot dressing
Calories: 430, Protein: 9g, Fat: 14g, Carbs: 73g
(heat in oven or microwave)

Beet Falafel Bowl
beet falafel, yellow quinoa, beet greens, grilled eggplant, tahini sauce
(best enjoyed hot!)

Cauliflower Steak with Pineapple Fried Rice
roasted cauliflower steak with spiced pineapple fried rice and nettle chimichuri sauce 
Calories: 590, Protein: 13g, Fat: 48g, Carbs: 81g
 (enjoy HOT!)

Bamboo Rice Bibimbap 
szechuan broccoli, ginger kale, wakame asparagus, bamboo rice, coconut ginger sauce
Calories: 370, Protein: 11g, Fat: 18g, Carbs: 37g
(enjoy HOT!)

Your food should be this colorful! :) 
My non-vegan colleague Mark and I had two of each for lunch and decided that our favorites were the Bamboo Rice Bibimbap and Beet Falafel Bowl. I also had the Cauliflower Steak for dinner and I loved it!!! Let's not forget the Coconut Yogurt I had for breakfast- everyone should try it!!! 



So excited to share this new service to fellow New Yorkers! Vyne serves chef-crafted, plant-based meals through a delivery service to do the tedious meal prepping involved in healthy eating for you. This is perfect for those of you wanting to kickstart the new year by eating clean! They offer a variety of delicious plant-based meals catered to your dietary needs. I've been on a plant-based diet for months to combat my PCOS (more on that on another post-it's worked wonders for my symptoms!) so I was so happy when they reached out to me to have me try and share their delivery service to you guys. You can have breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks delivered together or separately (I opted for 1 breakfast and 6 lunches) so it's quick and healthy without sacrificing taste!

Vyne's culinary team is committed to creating enjoyment in healthy living with unique, tasty dishes. Plants don't have to mean protein-less. Vyne creates ever-changing menus to help you power through the day. They delivered to my office in NYC but they can also deliver your meals to your home or favorite fitness studio in the city! 

I truly loved their meals and the only comment I have is that I wish they gave more sauce for each meal. Other than that I would totally consider ordering weekly lunches from Vyne so I don't have to think about my office lunches every day. It's a lot cheaper than ordering for delivery- breakfast is $8.95, mains are $12.95 and snacks $5.95. I used to have a lunch budget of $16 so Vyne's prices just make a lot of sense to me. 

Vegan/plant-based or not, give them a try! You can order a la carte or create a meal plan.


No comments: