Sunday, September 22, 2019

warm elegance in Roslyn, NY

This table is so cool, it extends to accommodate 8! Just grab 2 chairs from the breakfast nook and place them at both ends. 

Design & photography by Raleene for Kathy Kuo Designs


Yesterday was my first time in 6 years shooting interiors again! I also designed 5 areas of this home at Kathy Kuo Designs with furniture from Kathy Kuo Home. I customized some of the pieces since our client requested for warm-toned leathers and finishes only. Here's what it looked like on the schematic board before seeing everything come to life (floor plans not shown): 


dining area & breakfast nook

master suite 


All of the designs I do rarely reflect my own personal taste, but my job is to always be guided by what our clients love when curating their furniture, decor and architectural finishes. My own home is a big, white box with white furniture because I spend all day designing and decorating for others, so I love coming home to a clean slate. I am lucky that I get to shop and make decisions for others and I never do the same thing for two clients- this creative process is the fun part of design, which makes up 30% of the work. The rest is just a rolling snowball of stress - sourcing, budgets, ordering, logistics, even styling is a load of work! But the best part is seeing everything come together and knowing your client instantly feels right at home with the environment you've created for them. 

No comments: