Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Loot




I was gettin tired of using the same products since freshman year, so I took time to research about 
the best makeup so I could make a better basics makeup loot to suit my skin. 
1. T. LeClerc Pressed Powder in Banane 
Better than the pressed powder that my dermatologist would give me, and better than MAC's. 
It's not even intended for oily skin types but it sure keeps my skin shine-free for a longer period of time.



2. Laura Mercier Undercover Pot - in UC-4
The ideal cover-up for those dark circles and eye bags! My lids tend to get dry when the 
weather fluctuates so I keep having to moisturize them and my MAC concealer 
can sometimes make it look cakey, but this one has some moisturizing components (I think) 
since it totally covers those dry areas on my lids! It even comes with loose powder. Awesomesauce. 

3. Shiseido Eyebrow and Eyeliner compact
Okay, so this might've been an impulse buy. I left my eyebrow pencil at home and the other
makeup stores in Serendra didn't carry brow pencils. I ended up in the Shiseido store and thank God I did!
This is soooo much easier to use compared to pencils, plus you can use both colors as eye shadows!
Perfect for that quick smokey eye look I always do when I'm pressed for time. 
It's smudge-proof and the brush is super easy to handle. 


4. MaxFactor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation in Sand
I figured it was the time to buy myself a good base/foundation since I needed them for events. 
We all have uneven skin tones. I wanted something light and inexpensive since I knew I wasn't gonna use it 
everyday. This is the best I've tried so far! Comes with a sponge, it goes from solid to liquid, then
creamy to powdery once applied. The best thing about it is that it becomes even more 
natural-looking when you perspire! Perfect for our weather. My skin never itched or looked fake & cakey with 
this one. Actually makes me want to use it everyday but I keep telling myself "less is more". 

This ALWAYS works for zits and blemishes. I never leave the house without it! It can also work well for
undereye circles and eye bags. 
I loooove bronzer. I use it as blush since it also works well for contouring. I was lucky I got this on sale since
they were clearing out this brand in Shangri-la Rustan's. BOO. I love it but now I don't know where I'll get
my next bronzer fix! 



Okay, this isn't exactly makeup but I swear, this is the best overnight fix for those nasty pimples!
I use the Proactiv system but sometimes it takes about 2-3 days for bigger blemishes to go away. This one
works like magic. Intended to be used before you go to bed, and the next day or two the pimple's
already dried out! You aren't supposed to shake the solution. The pink formula's supposed to settle at the 
bottom and you'll need a cotton swab to reach it (had a hard time carrying it in my purse haha). The 
alcohol-smelling liquid plus pink formula is what you'll dab on to the evil zit. You can feel it working right away. 
It doesn't burn your skin (most Salicylic acid/Benzoyl Peroxide-based zit creams do that). Really amazing. 
Trust me on this! 
I think it's only available in Rustan's if you live in the Philippines. 
*Oh, Proactiv works just fine, it prevents my skin from breaking out like crazy since it's in my genes. 

:)


Bronzer looooove. 



4 comments:

purpleaves said...

hey raleene. how much is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion in the Philippines? :)

Raleene said...

Sorry, I totally forgot the price! But I'm sure it's more than the $17 price tag on their site. Will check when I visit Rustan's again :)

Anonymous said...

Where did you buy the T. LeClerc Pressed Powder and MaxFactor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation? :)

Raleene said...

All from Rustan's :)