Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Christmas!

colored version here

So this was my Christmas day outfit. A grey, breezy and sequined oversized sweatshirt + grey acid-washed shorts from Zara. Yeap, we all wore comfy clothes and munched the night away. My cousins pointed out that I never wear anything festive for Christmas (usually black and this year, grey) but hey, sequins are festive, right? LOL

I'm as guilty as everyone else for being a total glutton, but I keep reminding myself that it's just once a year that we get together as a family and have a legitimate excuse to eat a lot even past 6 PM (my dinner "cut-off"). My mom made the best vegetarian carbonara and fruit salad for me but the rest of the family had tons of seafood. Over at our cousins' place we had tons of baked potatoes, potato salad, cassava, queso de bola + pan de sal and more goodies! Gosh, listing down everything we ate makes me even more driven to jump-start my fitness regime next year. That's at the top of my New Year's resolutions list! Thankfully my parents got me a couple of Pilates DVDs for Christmas. I didn't ask for anything else.


Today was the first time I've tried a home service nail spa treatment, and it was good! I've always been scared to call up any type of home service treatments because of all the horror stories of getting robbed, but after hearing some positive reviews, mum and I decided to give it a try. We first called VIP Nails but they were booked for the day. We ended up calling Celebrity Nails and they had 3 girls sent over for me and my mum. They carried 2 big luggage-full of equipment (lights, mats, foot spa bath, polishes, etc.). I've been addicted to platinum white polish for quite some time now (replacing my blacks and dark blues) and good thing they had my fave shade, Orly's 'White Tips', which is what they use for the typical french tips. Mum and I are satisfied with their work. They only require a consumable rate of 450 Php, and that includes a mani-pedi + foot spa already! I wanna try their full body massage next. The ones at the Spa's costing me too much. But then again, I have some trust issues with these types of services. Gotta keep my room clear of any valuables!

No plans for New Year's yet. Just hope we can enjoy a buffet or an overnight stay at Sofitel. It's been a long time since we've last checked in a hotel as a family. Riz and I can't visit our house at Baguio cos of work, but the parents and my little bro are headin over there to check on our house.

Glad I'm able to rest and catch up on my editing backlog now. Life is sweet. :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU GUYS!
Thanks for making my first year in blogging great. I'm addicted! Keep those questions coming!


7 comments:

Cybele said...

Happy Holidays raleene. - cy yu
xo

Raleene said...

Merry Christmas :D

micoteneal (mi.co.te.neal) said...

Happy Holidays Raleene! :)

Raleene said...

Happy Holidays to you, too :)

Anonymous said...

hi :) just wanna ask, what kind of camera do you use? cos im planning to buy one. but i still dont know what to get :(

Raleene said...

I use a Nikon D80 and a Panasonic Lumix LX3.

Tin said...

Hey Ral, I'm gonna try this home spa home service! Thanks for putting it in your bloggggie :)
Happy New year ;)