Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Year of 4



I am a workaholic and I don't belive in NO. I don't believe in 'I need to sleep'. If I'm not sleeping, nobody's sleeping.


Independence is not easy, but it's gonna get easier.


My focus is not "bigger", it's QUALITY. And I wanna make sure it's something I'm proud of years from now.


♥♥♥

Watched this a few weeks ago with my beau while pigging out on some Dear Darla from Yellow Cab (the only pizza I'll always crave for) and was smiling the entire time. I can't believe he was able to watch the whole thing while in awe... He's not a fan of her music but admits that she can sing. Bey's definitely the only singer I've seen live who's never had a hard time dancing AND singing at the same time. She sounds WAY BETTER live and it's evident that she started at a young age. Her voice remains so crisp and her notes are so on point throughout the whole concert that you'll think it's pre-recorded and enhanced. Other artists nowadays sound like shit when they're performing crazy routines. Trust me, belting out tunes while dancing in stilettos is such a hard task and I barely survived each night I had to do that for our prods before. It's definitely not an easy task so I always praise whoever can do those things flawlessly. Sadly, only a few people can do that.


Beyonce's one of the very few pop stars that I really admire. I've been a fan ever since her Destiny's Child days. I don't go crazy over every song she releases, but this short video somewhat encapsulates all the things about her that I adore-- her realness/genuineness , perfectionism, fearlessness, creativity and a true understanding of her significance in the music industry. I admire her even more now that she's become her own boss. I really wish I can develop the same attitude towards my craft. She inspires me to strive for the best, to hang on to my virtues and to continue to strive for excellence.

♥♥

"You should be doing it just because YOU LOVE IT."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is inspiring. Thanks Ral for sharing :) -iona