Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nixon

7


Had brunch with the girls & went grocery shopping in this outfit a while ago. I wanted to tone down my look and deviate from my usual dark ensembles today for a more youthful one because I wanted to rock my bright pink watch from Nixon. I actually wore high tops during the first two years of my college life- I even had a collection of skate shoes! People in school presumed I was some skater chick especially after spraining my ankle. Such a poseur, but I was merely wearing them as an alternative to [the uni girls' staple] ballet flats to survive walking from 7AM to 9PM daily. These photos are now making me realize that I'm starting to look old for these types of get-ups. Sad. Maybe I should just smile a bit more? A floppier handbag would've been more fitting, too. 

[Watch- Nixon, sunglasses- Celine, necklace- Mia Arcenas, leopard print parka & high top wedge sneakers- Topshop, bag- MANGO, tank top- American Apparel] 

8

Last October 23, I attended the media preview for Nixon's latest collections at Big Bad Wolf. I've always wanted my own Nixon ever since they started distributing their accessories here in the Philippines. My obsession with [men's] oversized watches actually started after seeing the older styles. 

Founded in 1998 in Encinitas, CA, Nixon is the premium watch and accessories brand for the youth lifestyle market. Focused on making the little stuff better, Nixon began with a small line of team-designed custom built watches sold exclusively in specialty boardsport and fashion retailers. Currently distributed in over 70 countries, Nixon’s product range has grown to include select men’s and women’s soft goods, leather goods, custom headphones and audio accessories. 

nixon
nixon
nixon
nixon
nixon

post13



final6
Slow Burn
The Slow Burn is a collection inspired by the end of a long day on the mountain, relaxing in luxury. It hits the notes of a lodge fire and a deserved whisky, a thoughtful combination of colors and materials designed to evoke reflection in a refined environment, tranquility in luxury.

final7
Hudson Street
At the intersection of the past and the future, the Hudson Street collection produces a vision for a unique present. It’s a new vintage, paying tribute to quality craftsmanship while taking full benefit of today’s materials and technologies. The Hudson Street Collection features high polish gunmetal plated stainless steel with high polish champagne gold plated details. It’s a line that draws on what came before to create what comes next.

 


Not for the faint of heart, The Plastiform Collection is for those who take inspiration in being bold. Made in tribute to the Pop Art movement, these pieces are motivated first and foremost by striking colors and textures, all in muted off tones that announce their presence fearlessly, but come with history behind them.

final8
(L-R) the Rover, Camdem Chrono & Bobbi



I really can't wait to get my hands on another Nixon watch! The next one will be large-faced for sure. I always find myself wanting all that they've designed for men.

For more information and to purchase your own Nixon, you can find them at:
 Segnatempo (Greenbelt, Newport and Shangri-la)
Rustan’s (Makati, Alabang Town Center and Shangri-la)
Billabong (Powerplant Mall) and 
Aloha Boardsports (Trinoma)

No comments: