Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bali photodiary [part 1]

BALI, INDONESIA
October 1-5

Our villa was just PERFECT. White on white is just so ME! 


Chose the room with 2 beds since I had to share the room with Marc. The others who came were couples. 

The view from my window 

The T&B which was big enough to have a party in... Across the shower there were mirrors which concealed the cabinets.


Our roof deck with a hot tub 


We all chose to swim on our first day before taking naps since most of us didn't get to sleep before our 4AM flight.

Found a really good beach/pool-proof eyebrow technique: 
1. Prime with Urban Decay's original primer potion
2. Fill in brows with a MAC eyeshadow (applied MAC eyeshadow in Brun using a Real Techniques angled brush)
3. Draw thin hair-like strokes with K-Palette's 1-day tattoo brow pen
4. Finish off with a brow set (I used a clear one from MAC but this is optional since it'll wash off anyway).

My brows stayed on after a couple of dips but you have to make sure that you don't touch them. I just had to use what I already carried in my kit since I didn't have time to look for a really good eyebrow tint (Make Up For Ever's Aqua Brows would've been a good choice but all their stores closed down in Manila!)

Apart from brow stuff, I was able to use the Dream Matte Mousse Maybelline sent me. That was the only makeup/foundation I used in college and I never applied concealer back then. I think they were discontinued for a while and were replaced with whitening ones. I'm so glad the normal mousse is back!!! They're perfect for the humid weather- light but buildable enough to create a flawless, airy coverage. I used my favourite Chanel Purete Mat pressed powder to set it. 




We had dinner at this really nice restaurant called Metis... The rest had steak for dinner while I had my usual favourites... We all enjoyed our food, I would definitely recommend this place! Too bad I couldn't take nice photos cos of the lighting but the interiors were really fancy. 


Then had drinks at KuDeTa which had the most awesome lounge set-up ever. Again, no photos cos of the lighting but you can Google it instead. 
Every morning we had private chefs to cook us breakfast (included in the villa package)


Went to Kuta Beach to surf the next day...


[continue to PART 2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What resort is this villa at? :)

Raleene said...

@Anon - explained it on part 2 :)