Monday, October 21, 2013

Cebu weekend

the beauty of symmetry 


Okay, not from the hotel but it's too good not to post- Squid Ink Risotto with Oysters & Prawns from the Tinder Box


We celebrated mum's birthday dinner at Ibiza. 


I spent Sunday morning swimming and trying to transform myself into a lobster


4 hours under the sun and no sunburn - all thanks to Nivea's Protect & Refresh Invisible Cooling Mist (SPF 50). 


Sometimes I forget about the loot brands send me, but I just had to bring these to Cebu since I discovered mum swears by the Revitalift Laser X3 products... Also been loving the EverPure sulfate-free color care system, fall repair shampoo & conditioner ever since I dyed my hair black (thankfully these new formulas don't have those cancerous ingredients)! I have yet to try the 3-in-1 Extraordinary Oil (orange bottle)- it's a blend of 6 precious flower extracts and smells amazing. It can be used before shampooing (as a hair mask), before straightening or as a finishing touch! I'm a bit late but THANK YOU, L'ORÉAL! I have the simplest beauty regimen but lately I've been trying out these really cool products with better and safer ingredients. 


Really happy and thankful that I was able to fly to Cebu last weekend! Mum chose to celebrate there instead of Manila for a change and our little family was complete. We decided to stay at the Mövenpick Hotel since we've never been and the white interiors really drew me in (as usual). Was a bit hesitant to fly in because of the aftershocks, but I really needed the sun and sand again. Experienced 2 earthquakes during my stay--nothing too scary but it's not the same for everyone. Got to see some of the damages caused by the first earthquake (magnitude 7.2) last Tuesday and it was just so eerie. Praying for Cebu and Bohol, two of the most beautiful cities in the country. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you really take nice pictures and you write well too!been reading your blog since last year. #prayforsugbohol

Anonymous said...

Hi Ral!!! I'm writing this because I've noticed that you love traveling. Speaking of traveling, I would like to invite you to go travel to Dedon Island with friends or family. It's a bit pricey, but I bet you can afford it. Especially when you went to other countries. tehee... Anyway, why I am asking you to go, because you make reviews beyond the place. Not just about the architecture (which I'm sure you will love it) but also about the place and their amenities. If you and your family or friends will go there, Pls pls pls... do a review about their amenities and their "to do list". I've been searching pictures and other stuff aside the architectural reviews. I've heard that you can go cook with the chef, watch movie inside the pool, go to the market with fresh foods with the chef , and etc.... Pls if ever, don't forget to do a review about these exciting things they offer. Thanks again!

Raleene said...

Anon Oct 22 10:11- Thanks! Not so proud of my writing skills (or lack thereof) but I'm glad you like it :)

Anon Oct 23 6:41- Dedon Island, we supply some of their furniture! Dying to go, I'll save up first :)