Sunday, June 12, 2016

060616 + Summer Beauty Faves




Check out more of Tobi's must-haves : Formal Dresses, Maxi SkirtsSunglassesGold White DressesBlack Blue DressesSandals




Naomi buckle sandals - Topshop



Here's another dress the gals at Tobi were gracious enough to send me... Its breezy and flowy style was perfect for a warm weekend in Long Island! It's like I'm another person when summer comes. I'm instantly happy and look- I'm actually wearing color more and more! Well, I actually just stocked up on more blues (fave color) and whites- that's still a huge improvement for me.

Aside from posting my easy summer wardrobe essentials, I also wanted to share a bit of my new summer beauty favorites:







1. Chanel UV Essentiel multi-protection daily defense sunscreen anti-pollution broad spectrum SPF 50 ($55, Chanel)

I've gone through bottles of this since winter and I just love the scent and how it goes on really light. Perfect as a base layer under makeup and as the last step to your skincare routine in the morning. It also doesn't leave a white cast on my face (that ghostly post-flash photo look).


2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Parfum Spray ($220, Sephora)

I was testing perfumes at Saks when I fell in love with this scent. I picked up a bottle from Sephora without asking for the price and was shocked when I got to the counter- but it was so worth it! It's the perfect summer scent for me but like all scents it's not for everyone.

"Vibrant. Sparkling. Transportive. To Tom Ford, this scent perfectly captures the cool breezes, sparkling clear water, and lush foliage of the Italian Rivera. His reinvention of a classic eau de cologne features crisp citrus oils, surprising floral notes, and amber undertones to leave a splashy yet substantive impression. 

Notes:Tunisian Neroli, Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Lemon, Winter Yellow Mandarin, Orange Flower, Lavender, Rosemary, Amber. "




3. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo ($23, Sephora)

This was an impulse buy after running out of my usual Batiste dry shampoo. It's pricier but all it takes is one spray to combat the oily mess my hair becomes mid-afternoon on a hot day.



4. Oribe Apres Beach Wave & Shine Spray ($39, Oribe)

I received a bottle of this from Oribe since our team had the chance to work with them for a class. My sister has curly hair and she loves this stuff, too. It smells amazing and it's supposed to give you beach-to-bombshell hair -- tousled, touchable waves with sun-kissed shine without the salty stiffness after you've styled your hair.



5. Marc Jacobs Beauty Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner ($24, Sephora)

Best waterline liner EVER. Not the type of liner you'd use on your lids to smudge, though. It's too smudge-proof and stiff for that.



6. Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara ($26, Marc Jacobs Beauty)

I ditched my Clinique bottom lash mascara since this is so long lasting (even if it's not waterproof) so I've started using it on my bottom lashes as well. It fans out my lashes beautifully and looks great with curled lashes.



7. Chanel Rouge Coco Baume ($37, Chanel)

A very fancy and overpriced lip balm, but it works!



8. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter ($40, Sephora)

This is a godsend. The perfect moisturizer for summer if you have combination skin. I ditch the Argan oil in the morning and use this face butter instead. 





Let me know if you guys get to try out any of these beauty picks and tell me if they work for you!


No comments: