Saturday, October 29, 2016

#RealWedding // May 29, 2015

Darie hates this photo, but I love it. His face had to be blurred so I could keep the photo with Jas as our witness!  

We look like wedding guests. When I opened a private album on Facebook for my family, my siblings thought we had just attended some other couple's wedding!


They have this cheesy photo booth at City Hall with harsh lights against a backdrop - we look extremely red even after post.


Reiterating that I hyphenated my name instead of completely changing it... Do you know how much a bitch paperwork is when women change their names?! Think of all the IDs, documents and cards I've had to slowly change... It's unfair. Men should change their family names (shoutout to Zoe Saldana's hubbs!).


Not feeling the gravity of this event at this point.


Shaking at the sight of serious paperwork...


NERVOUS 


BOOM. Done in 2 minutes.


I've decided to post photos from our "real" wedding after comparing it to our photos from our intimate wedding & reception in the Philippines... Honestly felt like this secret elopement was 200x better than the latter... I didn't smile as much but these photos look so much more authentic to me than being dressed to the nines around other well-dressed people.

It feels weird to be called a wife. It helps that I'm really into my partner! 

2 comments:

krissy ♥ said...

Awwww best wishes! <3

Anonymous said...

Congrats and so nice to see you stepping into next chapter of your Life:)May God bless you...