Tuesday, April 14, 2009

:)

I'm havin one of those days--when you just seem to feel blessed in life. I'm assuming that most of the people who read the stuff here are just friends and relatives, so I'm just going to blog away.

In school a while ago, we were all complaining about the weather. The AC was on but we were still fanning ourselves. While ranting, I turned to my seatmate and started chattin with her. After a while we were talking about the extreme heat again and she said "You're lucky you don't have to commute. I have to come here everyday from Taft." All I could say was "I know."

Even if I hate that I'm required to ride my own car and have a driver and nanny every time I go out, I know I'm lucky that I don't have to spend for public transport and I don't have to be the one to park my car all the time. I don't get stressed about traffic, gas, rude drivers, etc.

As I was doing my plate during class, I was also starting to feel so good about finally learning more skills for Interior Design. I mean sure, you have to learn some discipline, control and patience but when I was takin up my minors I dreaded having to go through "high school" subjects again and I was getting impatient about learning the technical skills for my course.

Now that I'm finally taking my majors, another thing that's making me feel so lucky- no wait, blessed- is being able to study for free, with allowance from the school. I don't intend to brag, but really, I've been wondering why I was blessed with such an opportunity. I don't come from a wealthy family. We're alright, and I've been blessed with such hardworking parents. I didn't apply for the scholarship, it came knocking on my door, because of my grades and extra-curriculars in high school. I mean, there are TONS of hardworking students out there who I think deserve it more than I do, so during freshman year there was a time that I kept asking myself "Why me?".

I may rant a lot at times about not being able to study abroad now (parents think I should finish my scholarship here), for not being able to control my schedule since I'm under the school, for being required to be active in school, but seriously, I feel really blessed/lucky inside. Not everyone has had the same opportunities that I've been given. I know a lot of people work so hard and suffer/go through so much just to go to school and get a job. Nothing's easy.

Slowly I've been realizing that in life, you don't only have to work your ass off, you don't just need passion, you also need even the tiniest bit of luck.

I really need to be getting closer to Him again. It's the only thing missing from me right now.



I'm very, very thankful.

:)