Thursday, January 28, 2010

birthday wish list + wants

english cheese with cranberries
get me some from Costco and I'll love you forever ;)
new "eye" ring from Mango- it was the last one. Meant to be for meee! ;)
(I'm not usually drawn to bejeweled rings)
and errr don't mind the lens/image distortion :))

I'm drowning in school work and I just can't wait for the week to end. Was sleepless for the last two days and when I finally got some Zs last night, I just had enough energy to SLEEPWALK and get cereal from the pantry at around 8 PM. I found out about it the next day through my yaya and I sorta wailed cos she didn't stop me. And oh, apparently she heard me sleeptalk, too. I blame it on exhaustion.

The beau is coming to town supposedly for my birthday (Saturday), but his brother's been nominated for eviction from the Big Brother house and he needs to be there in case he gets the lowest number of votes. The plan was to have a private movie screening of When In Rome with some friends at my uncle's office, dinner, then a couple of drinks somewhere. Sadly, he'll have to skip dinner to go to the live eviction night thing. Oh well.

Still thinking of places to go to this Sunday, we might go on a road trip to Tagaytay, or wherever.

Ohhhh posting a birthday wish list for my family *wink wink*

1. Lots of scrunchies / hair ties
I always buy a stash of cheap ones cos I end up losing them after less than 10 uses! I need one everyday for when I draft or work out.

2. A hair brush
Yes, I am the only girl who doesn't have one. I run a comb through my hair with conditioner while in the shower and that's my only hair care routine. I think I need to own a brush now since there are more and more pictures of me popping up with a "confused parting"

3. Makeup bag
Right now I'm using a small plastic pouch that came with my Laura Mercier moisturizer kit, and it's filled with makeup gunk plus it's too small for the new makeup I've purchased.

4. Pilates DVDs

5. Moleskine reporter's journal (soft cover)- if it exists OR a Moleskine soft cover plain journal
I love to sketch or write down just about anything! My old one's falling apart. :(

6. 4 gig SD card
You can never have too many SD cards :))


That's about it! This is sorta a meaningless post... I've been a boring school girl this entire week. Hopefully my birthday weekend will be FUN!

OH WAIT

Some other things that I've been eyeing on...


Yves Saint Laurent platform pumps

I've been wanting YSL pumps since forever but these platforms just made my heart skip a beat. I think I'm the only girl who doesn't own a pair of classic black pumps. For formal school presentations I'd always end up borrowing Issa's black Zara pumps (thank God we have the same shoe size). I'm still waiting to fall in love with a pair that I can afford. Hopefully Zara creates something similar to these YSL babies.

The new Apple iPad

The name has been generating a lot of buzz (malicious ones LOL) and I, too, shed a tear and sent the Apple store an email to notify me of its availability. After tweeting about it a few times and expressing my need/want for it, a few of my twitter friends sent me links about its limitations. I was looking for an SD card slot at first for transferring photos. It doesn't have one but they're selling a camera connection kit accessory, so I was instantly relieved. Then I got word about it not allowing you to multitask *sheesh* plus-get this- NO FLASH! How are we gonna view those awesome flash-based web pages? Sad news for the internet geeks like me.

So far I'm loving the iBook store, photo browsing and supercool iCal (yes, I use the iCal like it's my life line). I wonder if I can install Adobe Photoshop and edit using it? Hmm...


*A lot of people have been pressuring me to take a picture of my shoe collection! I'm doing that once I'm quite finished with all the plates for school. It's gonna take time for me to bring them out of the shoe cabinet and take them upstairs to my study room (slash-studio, hehe) since it's too dark downstairs! Don't expect too much, though. :))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

belated happy birthday to you:)

Vera Liane Rea said...

happy happy birthday ral :D (i know i greeted you on fb but i had to greet you here too) :P

i hope you get something from your wish list ;) hahaha

God bless loves. Mwuahx :*

Raleene said...

anon- thank you :D

Vera- God bless you, too! Visit Manilaaaaa so we can have a shoot! hehe