Monday, February 1, 2010

Cumpleaños!

Private movie + dinner at Shangri-la Plaza

Afterparty at Bureau

Roadtrip to Tagaytay for our Sunday brunch at Leslie's

fave- Crispy Kangkong!
I wasn't tempted! :)

Me and my younger siblings :)


I intended my birthday celebration this year to be a more intimate one. My 18th wasn't a big debut, it was a surprise birthday dinner- my mom and brother flew in from Cebu to gather up my friends at TGI Friday's (I was so stressed with play/combat rehearsals back then to even think about having a party) which turned out to be sweet and fun. My 19th was also sorta a big gathering at Fiamma. That party made everyone guessing as to how I was going to celebrate my "scrapping of the teen" birthday. I was sad that I wasn't gonna be able to invite most of my friends, but I felt that I had to make it a smaller celebration. I think this age isn't so significant to feel the need to have a big bash anyways. Gotta save for my summer trips!

Had a private screening at the Columbia Pictures office (have to thank my uncle for that) and moved to Tender Bob's for an early dinner. Mum and brother made it late since they flew in from Cebu again, and the beau had to leave early since he had to be on TV (nooo I can't find a full video of it on YouTube!). Still happy about the turnout-- all my close friends were there. :)

Waited for the beau for a long time and practically fell asleep at home for a few hours before we could drive to Bureau for the afterparty. Saw a couple more friends that I haven't seen in a long time which made me SOOO happy! I think I stopped taking pictures after a couple of minutes cos of all the excitement. :)

I've noticed that I've become more aware of the fact that I've been blessed with so many good people in my life. I've hated myself for not being thankful enough that there are people who actually care for me, I've taken them for granted and I just realized that I haven't been expressing my gratitude. Maybe I didn't see it then because I allowed myself to wallow in self-pity (ugh self-centeredness is such a sin)... The whole weekend I found myself smiling inside soo much. So happy that so far we've all been drama-free, after noticing so many people who actually thrive and live for the drama. I'd hate to be one of those people-- drama is toxic. I would never want to pull in so many people into my problems. Some people have to learn that, too!

This will be a good year for me!

:)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! What camera was used in taking that last pic of you with your siblings? Just asking because I'm currently looking for a good digital camera :)

Happy late birthday, by the way!

Raleene said...

All pics were taken using a Panasonic Lumix LX3 :)

Thank you!

A N A G O N said...

belated happy birthday! :)
may your drama-free days continue! ;)

Raleene said...

Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes:) What we need in our life is less Nega, maybe linger from it for a while then..."F__k Of_ Drama!who needs you!":)
"Care-less" and Optimism is the key of contentment and genuine happiness:)


we are blessed:)

Raleene said...

Being care-less is good, just don't overdo it. Being too insensitive and carefree is bad, too :)

But hell yeah, positivity is the key. Shoo away negative energy! :D

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, you're blog is really nice. Umm.. I saw that you bought the nars blush. how is it? too glittery? yes...drama is not good for you. better being happy than worrying about problems. glad you had a good time.

Raleene said...

Thank you! :)

The Nars blush in Orgasm is perfect. It's a cult favorite and it's always sold out in Rustan's. In Sephora they always have it. If you want the perfect pink blush, go for Nars :)

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK LIKE JESSICA SZOHR!!!

Grizzy said...

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY Raleene :)

xoxo
grizzy

Raleene said...

Anon- yesss I used her pic for doppelganger week on facebook :) I get that A LOT, like at least 3 times a week. Hehe :)

Grizzy- thank yewww <3