Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cake-poppin'

Since we don't have a budget for any of the graphics and logos, Essa and I decided to do the logo and promotional material on our own. We work by sending each other direct messages on Twitter. :))
logo2
The tiny leaf at the tip of the "y" on skinny is present in the vegetarian/vegan symbol. Being a vegetarian myself, I made sure that one of our goals was to provide options for vegan and vegetarian foodies. Our cake pops are vegan (soy-based/dairy-free, no eggs) and for our upcoming desserts, you can choose to have them vegan or not. Of course they will all be low in sugar OR sugar-free (we cater to diabetics as well).
white pops copy
I personally love the semisweet dark chocolate coating, but a lot prefer the white ones, too! The white chocolate coating is a bit sweeter...
ad1
Essa's 9-year-old niece Allyson helped us in our kitchen last Sunday and we just had to take photos of her right after! She's such a cute & confident girl in front of the camera! Even better at posing than most of the girls I've shot before... I didn't have to direct her! :))
leaflet2
leaflet
Some more cards I made for our packaging :)
4
Some shots of our tasty cake batter:
7
6
5
3
We also made this cute stand for our pops! It'll help us during our Market Avenue stint this July 17!
1
2
We want to keep that home-made look so we concentrated on keeping our packaging simple while keeping our cake pops fresh and tasty. The shelf life's 2 weeks.
Some BTS pics from our first shoot:
Photo by Bong of Heima. Thank you for letting us shoot at your Makati branch!
P1070587
P1070594
I've been juggling product testing, food tasting and baking for Skinny Sweets because July 17 is fast approaching. We have to make sure that our products are ready and perfected in time for Market Avenue this July 17 at Megatent. It's going to be open every Sunday from 7AM to 2PM and the vibe is sort of like the Salcedo Market at Makati.
I'm glad that it's something other than industrial/interior design, and I'm able to practice graphic design as well. A lot of my friends were surprised that I could actually bake! A lot don't know that along with my regular modern jazz training, I took a couple of baking and cooking courses for summer back when I was in high school. I know I can cook and bake well, it's just that when people know, they start forcing you to cook for them. HAHA! I always thought that a food biz would just add more stress in my fun but TOXIC lifestyle, but lately I've discovered that it's actually therapeutic. And it's not a reason for me to add more cheat days- we actually have Riz or other family members to try out our recipes for us. Yes, I am rediscovering the Martha in me.
Setting up Skinny Sweets has been pretty hard on my part most especially because I have school and I'm only final terms. Thesis, meetings for our exhibiting committees, meetings for the officers... Add that to all of my side-jobs and the fun bloggers events, I'm happy I can still have some time for myself to run and do yoga/pilates (that's my idea of me time).
I have a couple of exams and requirements to pass for this term but we're technically doing our thesis and preparing for our 1-month exhibit. I'll blog about that soon!

For now, please help Essa and I by supporting Skinny Sweets! We're so overwhelmed with the orders we've been getting! It's hard, but we can divide the work on most days when we can't meet up at my place. We're developing a system! Woop!
Details from our Facebook page:

For orders and inquiries, please send us an email: skinnysweetsdesserts@gmail.com


MEET-UPS:
Bonifacio High Street
Shangri-la Plaza mall
Promenade/Greenhills
Powerplant Mall Alabang Town Center
De La Salle University
Eastwood Mall

DELIVERIES will be entertained depending on the area and quantity of your orders. (Please send us an e-mail)


PAYMENT METHODS:
-Cash
-Checks made out to RALEENE.COM CORP.
-Bank deposit
(Please e-mail or tweet us for the bank account number once you're sure to order)


Oh, and our next desserts will be sugar-free ice cream mochi and s'mores cupcakes!!! Excited? I sure am!!!

1 comment:

αвву M. said...

that looked really yummy! and great photos :) ur always beautiful and the people around u :)