Sunday, October 9, 2011

Paint the town red.



Arrived in Cebu last Thursday night to attend my friend Alyssa's event (Off the Streets). It was a class project that raised funds for the Mobile School Programme. 

I didn't bring any outfits to this trip so I went to Topshop and grabbed 2 tops before going to the Penthouse. -_- 

Was exhausted so I only stayed til 10:30 PM. I was finally able to sleep that night! My insomnia's gotten worse for two weeks my bedtime's been shifted to 7AM. 



The next morning I had to attend a Chinese engagement ceremony called a Ting Hun which Paulo's sister invited me to. There's so many steps and I can't even remember 1/4 of them, but it's basically an exchange of gifts between the girl and the guy with their families just so the engagement is recognized by both parties. 

I borrowed an entire outfit from my friend Jennifer since my luggage was filled with black ensembles, and that's not allowed in Chinese celebrations. Oops. I've never been to any of those before! She lent me a couple of dresses but in the end I chose this grey top with a purple bodycon skirt from Bebe. 

For this part all my photos are from my iPhone since my brother had to borrow my Lumix for his photography lesson in school that day. 

002
Managed to hook up my boyfriend on Skype so he could watch the whole thing!

Erica's gown by Ronald Enrico

009
We all had to eat 2 eggs, amongst other things! 

008
A family photo with Paulo on Skype. Look at his pose! LOL 

After the ceremony there was a reception at Choi City. No photos as I was busy eating and chatting up with Paul Jake & Myti. 


I hurriedly bought another dress after the reception and headed to the Marco Polo hotel for my friend Cara's parents' 50th birthday (joint celebration). 

2
3
4
5
There were so many fun dance numbers! 

6
7
8
9
11
12

We went to Ila Puti then the Penthouse...

17
303954_218736578191203_100001645866236_578102_44688090_n
No lipstick for me yet...
I swear, I look like an elephant beside this girl!!!


16

Then Jennifer convinces me to try on her Estee Lauder lippie!

RED.

24
Behind Gayle, you can see Divine (first girl from the left)... Heard she's going to be on the next Big Brother! 


19
20
23
22
21
26


That's all for my fun & relaxing weekend in Cebu!






2 comments:

Melai said...

hey ral!
You look awesome in that red lipstick :)

hearts,
Melai of Style and Soul

Raleene said...

Thank you, Melai! <3