Tuesday, December 18, 2012

neo-baroque


dress- Cotton On, shoes- DAS



Currently on an antisocial, staying in for work phase but I managed to drag myself out of the house last Thursday for a night out. A few years ago it was normal for me to brave the clubs alone and then find friends, but I haven't done that in a long time (is that even safe?). I can't remember the last time I've worn a little dress out either. I remember my buddy from NYC saying that he always thought girls here were merely peacocking with all the skimpy dresses, but then he understood why there was a need for us to wear those in clubs when he came over one summer- it was just too hot! After that comment I somehow kept in mind that I should be more discerning when it comes to short dresses. 

I thought this baroque-print dress wouldn't be too warm but I managed to sweat in it under harsh lights during the event. Is it just me or is it getting hotter this December? Whatever happened to the holiday weather we all used to look forward to? My goal is to avoid looking frumpy and still look dressy by wearing things that are breathable to all these upcoming parties. Comfort and quality must always be at the top of your list when shopping- that'll ensure that you'll get the most out of your clothes.

Sometimes I hate how it's so hot here, but then again I'd rather be in the tropics than suffer subzero temperatures. I'm slightly glad that my dad moved our NYC trip. I really can't take the cold and that's one of the many reasons why I'm so thankful that I live in the Philippines! I feel for those who suffered during hurricane Sandy. I think we're used to power outages during calamities but can you imagine going through fall or winter without heat? 

Gotta take advantage of the weather instead of complaining about it. Now if I can only convince my beach-phobic family to spend Christmas at some resort..... 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you make your lashes look sooper ka dooper FULL? :)) what do you use?? or are those falsies or lash extensions??

Anonymous said...

how do you make your lashes look sooper ka dooper FULL? :)) what do you use?? or are those falsies or lash extensions??

Anonymous said...

how do you make your lashes look sooper ka dooper FULL? :)) what do you use?? or are those falsies or lash extensions??

Unknown said...

You look like a hot tamale in that dress. It sucks that these days a girl can't go out without someone thinking they are too sexy. Hope you are enjoying your holidays.

xo
Maggie
http://magz725.blogspot.com

Raleene said...

Anon- Scrap my previous answer, I'm not wearing falsies here cos I didn't have time to. My friend was waiting for me downstairs while I was putting on makeup! LOL. Just tons of mascara... but my lashes are really thick cos I've been using RapidLash + Cover Girl's GrowLuscious mascara.

Anonymous said...

thanks!! uhm. where do you get RapidLash? :)