Sunday, July 5, 2009

birthdays + the dress!





Two birthdays, two destinations, but we ended up in our usual Saturday spot.



dress-Topshop, shoes-Aldo

"A dress you should keep and pass on to your daughter!"

Man, this has got to be one of those "magic dresses". Front pockets and the bottom's actually a SKORT! The pouffy-ness makes it look like a skirt. I'm sorta getting into florals now, cept that I'm still sticking to the darker hues. Nice to pair with denims and my usual silvers...

Thinking of having this dress reproduced in different fabrics. I'm just crazy about the skort + pockets.

Oh and this afternoon-- watched The Ugly Truth and Hannah Montana: The Movie during a private screening at my uncle's office. Still surprised I was able to stand looking at Miley Cyrus for an hour and a half (lol), but I especially liked the Ugly Truth! Really hilarious plus it shows the realities of relationships nowadays-- sorta like Down With Love but updated. You have to watch it! Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigl's pair-up works really well. Power couple!!!

11 comments:

kc said...

I love your blog!
You're so gorgeous! <3

Raleene said...

thank you :)

Anonymous said...

F*ckin gorgeous. -Mina

Anonymous said...

What hair shampoo do u use? it's gorgeously shiny! haha :)

do u have a hair routine or something?

Raleene said...

mina- thanks!

anon- i use Organics shampoo from Healthy Options and Pantene anti-hair fall conditioner. Aside from getting it coloured blue-black every 2 months, I have no regular hair routine. I rarely even use a comb-- which is a bad habit I have to fix :))

Anonymous said...

where do u get ur hair done? :P
could u recommend good salons for me? :))

Anonymous said...

i was reading ur old posts, and i read that u had a dental surgery? was that from extracting your wisdom tooth? how did that feel? - kitch

Raleene said...

anon- omg can't believe im getting all these questions about hair. my last haircut-- about 9 months ago! lol. i know it's bad and i prolly need a trim. I get my hair coloured at BenchFix salons, and sometimes at Hairshaft Salon(they have a branch at the Podium and one at the Fort). A lot of my friends recommend Emphasis Salon at Rockwell, though. Quite pricey but they say it's worth it :)

Raleene said...

kitch- yeah i got 2 of my wisdoms extracted. i dint feel anything throughout the whole process. but keeping ur mouth open for 2 hours is tiring. was groggy from all the anesthetics the whole day. took pain killers every 6 hours (or was it 8) and when i forgot to take one the pain started creeping up into my spine. worst.pain.ever. so i suggest if u get urs taken out, do what the doc says. lol. no solids for a week and no exercise as well. felt like a bum! and whenever i ate or drank stuff i had to use the other side of my mouth, otherwise the hole in ur mouth makes eating/drinking feel hella weird. :P

Anonymous said...

omg. i like your dress so much! :) where'd you bought it? :D

Raleene said...

evankristine- it's from Topshop :) whoops forgot to put details under the pic... lemme add them now..