Friday, August 14, 2009

bad weather tailgating

shirt-Zara; shorts- Tommy Hilfiger; shoes-Aldo; bag-Topshop; aviators- RayBans
props to my 11-year-old brother for takin my photo

It's my 2nd day in Cebu and I think mum has scolded me twice for forgetting to pack at least a pair of jeans and properly-fitted tops. I was expecting it to be scorching hot, but I was greeted with bad turbulence on the plane plus I was left with no choice but to cross puddles with my fave [casual] Zara heels. It starts to rain at about 12noon and that goes on til about 5 in the afternoon, so you're left with wet patches on the streets (not ideal for night outs with friends).

So far my trip's been fun! A couple of our family friends from New York are here and it's our turn to take them out this weekend. My friends brought me to a couple of places I've never been to before, which makes me look like a total loser for not being able to roam the city when I was still based here.

For the past couple of days, I've been living in my collection of shorts, loose tops, sunglasses and sandals. Mum hates it when I wear shorts but I'm all for dressing for comfort. My friends from NY were even shocked with the unbearable weather. They, too, resorted to white tees, flipflops and loose bottoms. And to quote one of my friends, "I thought you were merely peacocking with your short shorts and dresses in all your pics, but now I see why you choose to do so! How can you survive in this heat?!"

I'd rather live in this tropical country than suffer cold temperatures more often, though.


Some b&w snaps around Quiapo, Manila and Makati...
(before I left for Cebu and after buying my lens from Hidalgo)



10 comments:

amberr said...

love the assortment of rings, and that outfit is hot, simple, but hot. You can pull offf anything!

kulululu said...

i love your shirt

Anonymous said...

hey ral, u look gorgeous as usual.

by the way, what's Hidalgo like? i need to go there to have an SLR fixed. i'm soo scared cos they say it's a scary place. :/ but it is the place i should go to cos they say it's much cheaper there.

Anonymous said...

where did you buy your skull ring? :) and where do you usually buy rings?

Raleene said...

Amber- thank you!

Sweet things- thanks :)

Anon 10:09: Hidalgo's just like any other market in the Philippines but there's just a lot of enclosed camera stores. I think you still have to be careful about your money. Better safe than sorry, but yeah buy your equipment there, and not in malls. I bought my camera for 42,000 when it was about 70,000+ in malls :) Go to Henry's!

Anon 12:05: Skull ring's from Anthology, Rockwell... Hmm u can get lots from Filigrenasia, Anthology, Mango, etc...

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Will def check out Henry's.

I jst cant picture u being in that place. All eyes must be on u. Haha. Anyway, where did u place ur money then? And who were u with? And shud i wear super simple clothes? Man, i sound ignorant. M just scared. Hahhaa

Raleene said...

Placed my money in my pocket. I was constantly checkin on it. Haha! And yeah it's best if u take someone else with you. Wear simple clothes of course. And nah, you don't have to be scared. Lotsa people go everyday for camera equipment. I always bring around my DSLR there. :)

Anonymous said...

what's daily makeup routine? you always look so fresh!

raleene'sunicorn said...

Oi Ral, buy me clothes beh. Tell mama I'm running out :| And and and and and and DL skype on dad's laptop nah

Raleene said...

anon: No foundation and blush (it gets too hot here and i sweat easily! haha), just concealer around the eyes, i do my brows, heavy eyeliner and mascara, and loose powder :) i also carry oil-absorbing sheets everywhere!

raleenesunicorn (obviously rizza): aight!