Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Trip to Tagaytay during a Tempest (warning: photodump)

Some people hate denim on denim, but I don't really care. (I can live in this jacket forever.)
This getup was soooo not appropriate for the weather.
jacket- DKNY thrift // shirt + skirt- Topshop // bag + heels- Zara
I love my gluttonous friends. ♥
they match!
Hints of yellow for the late Pres. Cory Aquino.
We're hungry!
They have the best bread EVER.
I love this





BLING (he is my male counterpart when it comes to accessorizing.)
Chocolate cake + turon (jackfruit + banana-filled rolls) + caramelized sweet potatoes for dessert




Sonya's Garden, Tagaytay

I did a post about this place before. I'll never get tired of their food and they seem to have additions to the place every time we visit.

The weather was awful but we managed to have fun and snapped some pics outside the dining area for a bit. Borrowed the 50mm Nikkor lens from my friend JC (supposedly for a shoot tomorrow, but I wanted to practice. lol.) and I fell in love with it. Gonna buy my own 50mm lens soon, hopefully this Friday. I've been wanting one since high school!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

why? what's the weather like in Tagaytay today?

anyway, nice get-up. i mean, u cud pull any outfit off. u'r pretty! :)

Raleene said...

Very windy + strong rain every 20 minutes. :/ skirt almost flew up when I went outta the car. haha!

Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

your tall.. what's your height?

Elaine said...

Wow...great pictures!! And you have such fashionable friends! Don't give up that denim jacket...it's amazing!
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Raleene said...

anon- i'm not that tall. 5'6". average height of flips now :)

Elaine- thank you! :)

Al said...

i have a 50mm that i never use after i got my 35mm. i actually want to get rid of it.

thats so gay having all those rings and accessory on dudes.

I still remember when i left Philippines when Cory Aquino was our pres. I think she's the best thing that had happen for PI.

Raleene said...

35mm! OK now I don't know which one to get.

Yeah there were more people at her funeral compared to Ninoy's.

Al said...

50 is good if you know what you are shooting and can take time cause of the length.

35mm was definitely much better for me as daily use. it was easier to shoot quick with when things are too close. with the 50, i felt like when i was inside the house i need to make sure i was far enough to shoot people.

buy both if you can find the 35mm. last time 35mm was on amazon.com that shit sold out in an hour.

goodluck

Anonymous said...

u are soo beautiful! :)
what's the size of ur feet? nice shoes! :)

Raleene said...

Anon: Thank you! I'm an 8.5