Monday, March 28, 2011

salon review: STUDIO ZEN SALON (Katipunan)


*Disclosure- all services provided for free.

25
Last Saturday I got a chance to try out the services at Studio Zen Salon. I went to their newly-opened branch at Katipunan and was lucky enough to check it out before the grand opening (April 11). The place was busy when I arrived but I was entertained right away and didn't have to wait at all.

I decided to get a haircut that day since I went by a whole month without getting my hair trimmed (I get a cut every two weeks!). I'll save you from my usual school sched rants, but I'll say that I was SO thankful my horrible month ended with a nice trip to the salon. My hair was so uneven and thick already so I told them that I wanted it short and thinned out. My stylist that day was Pat and I told him to color it however he wanted to. I know it's a big risk to trust a stylist you've never worked with before but I was THAT BORED with my hairstyle.

Gigi was my photographer that day and not a single photo was out-of-focus. SO amazing.


Most salons don't cover my face when I get a trim. I always end up with so much snippets of hair on my face so I was thankful that they had that clear cover to help!


Pat was taking his time and I just kept looking at the way my hair was getting shaped- it was SO cool. He even mentioned that my hair was suited for "competitions" (LOL) since you could shape it in any way and the style would always come out nicely because of its thickness and texture. 'Twas so nice of him to say that cos I hate how my hair is so thick. It always looks messed up if I don't apply any product or have it trimmed when I'm growing it out...


Getting it colored...


8
Gigi said I looked like I had an illness of some sort. :))


7
14
Purple bangs! They also lightened the rest of my hair a bit.


I took photos around the place since I loved the clean, white interiors!


9
Private makeup station beside the nail lounge


10
Nail lounge


11
12
15
Ateneo is right across, and this building is also beside Xanland.


13
18
19
Super friendly people of Studio Zen!
They were very courteous. One of my pet peeves when going to spas or salons would have to be noisy staff. Here, they were focused on their jobs and they didn't chat too much when there were customers.


20
I KNOW... My eyes look super scary but this shows the true color of my hair now.


29
23
22



They have this new "All You Want" promo and the 8 different services are surprisingly affordable. That means you just have to pay once and you can go back anytime to avail of the same service for a whole month!

Haircut- P390/month
(unlimited haircut sessions)

Hairset- P990/month
(blow-dry, iron and curl anytime)

Manicure & Pedicure- P590/month
(clean, cut and color as you please)

Foot Spa- P960/month
(an everyday treat to your feet)

Hand Spa- P590/month
(a healthy habit for haggard hands)

Body massage- P1390/month
(get a relaxing rub regularly, from 11AM to 6PM)

Hot oil- P1490-P2960/month
(shine and revitalize every week)

Bonacure- P2960-P3890/month
A month-long rescue and repair for your hair.



I am lovin' my cut and color! So glad that I don't have to put as much product on my hair anymore. And I didn't even have to give any instructions as to how I wanted it to look like. Usually I'd bring a photo or give the stylist detailed/specific instructions. Definitely going back to maintain this cut or to get another style if I get sick of it.


Thank you so much to Studio Zen for inviting me and for the lovely salon experience! :)



STUDIO ZEN

Katipunan Branch:
2nd Floor #325 Katipunan Avenue
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
tel. no. (02) 442-8004

Cubao Branch:
870 Philam Life Bldg. Gen. Malvar
Araneta Center Cubao, Quezon City
tel. no. (02) 912-2427


(call them to book an appointment)

Visit their site




11 comments:

inkarlcerating said...

omg madam actualy yer my peg... sa hair ko! ahaah

Aie Corpuz said...

Service for a whole month sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Raleene said...

Karl- hahaha omg!!!

Aie- super awesome, right? no prob!

Khlaren said...

I love the color of your hair! I wanna have short hair too but I have curly hair so I think I'll just look crazy if I cut my hair too short! :))

Pau said...

Oh, you KNOW that I'm going there once I go back to Quezon City. Heck yeah, thanks Ral. Keep it comin'!

Anonymous said...

hi! do u mind me asking the color of your contacts?

Raleene said...

Anon- just the green Freshlook colorblends

αвву M. said...

Nice! i hope to have time to check out that Salon when I´m on my vacation sa Pinas :D

Raleene said...

Abby- you should :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms. Raleene! My hair is getting frizzy and I want to cut my hair and have a treatment also. Can you recommend any good parlors here in Cebu? Looking forward to receive a response hihi thanks

Raleene said...

Anon- hi dear! Sorry, I haven't lived in Cebu for 7 years so I'm the worst person to ask, I'm still stuck in the Salon de Rose age hahaha! Try their Bench Fix there, maybe they're good too!