Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Penshoppe (Philippine Fashion Week)



Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Solenn & Victor during rehearsals


Penshoppe PFW
This girl is so fit!!!


Penshoppe PFW
Danica Magpantay- I watched a few minutes of her interview with Boy Abunda and all I can say is that she is so adorable! Totally did not expect that playful, sweet vibe because she looks so fierce in photos and on the runway.


Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFWPenshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
I need those pants in my life.


Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW
Penshoppe PFW


Sam and I went to SMX last Sunday to be part of Penshoppe's "paparazzi" during their show for Philippine Fashion Week. Our friend Tanya invited us and thought we'd have fun taking photos during the show, which had a theme that revolved around the "lives of celebrities". It made my Sunday sorta busy and I had to go back and forth SMX and High Street. We were given instructions and rehearsed our blocking for the show, then Sam and I drove to 2nd's at High Street to practice since I was leading worship that day (without Riz!), then finally we headed back to SMX again after singing to get final instructions before the actual show...

We had fun shooting and just chatting away, and I got to see so many people from the blogging/fashion community... PENSHOPPE'S SHOW WAS PACKED! I'm so clueless about these shows because I only attend when a friend is showcasing, so this was my first "RTW" show. Pretty amazing one, too. No wonder everyone says that Penshoppe's always one of those they look out for.

I wasn't planning on taking part in fash week this season but I thought it would be fun to be a photographer this time (oddly enough I've never done any photo jobs for PFW before). Of course I didn't get to attend any of the after-parties. Rushed to get home right after the show to finish some schoolwork...



Oh and we laughed at the fact that we looked so ridiculous in our all-black ensembles on a 37C/98.6F day. Literally HOT! Sam quipped, "We look like the make-up artists!"


We needed to wear something we could move around in, which is the case when we're holding cameras. You really don't want any of your underwear showing when you're the one crouching and reaching for an angle!



P1060020
Missed wearing these boots.

Coverup= Bayo, jeans & swimsuit coverup (worn as tank top)- GAP, boots- Zara, bag- Topshop, leather bands- Carbon and the Bead Shop






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your brows are perfect! can you teach me how you did that?

Grysh said...

Saw photos of the Penshoppe PFW yesterday. I soo love their clothes now. Totally rocked. ;)

Raleene said...

Anon- I actually just follow the same tips that tons of makeup gurus give out :) takes some time to practice, but the technique depends on your own arch :)

Grysh- Yeah I wanted a couple of their jeans and tops, too!